Saturday, September 3, 2005

My See-Thru Heart of Clay

My See-Thru Heart of Clay

 

A man of grey

lives in the world today

and he holds a secret

 

He keeps it close

safe near it's host

his see-thru heart of clay

 

Fired in the furnace

polished and burnished

with it's bright red coat of glaze

 

If you hold it up right

and peer thru the light

the world seems almost ok

 

Happy and carefree

or so it seems to me

till you notice the fray

 

The bits and pieces

the fracture increases

it gives the repairs away

 

He didn't hold on tight

and it wasn't always right

and sometimes it had it's way

 

Leaping too soon

his heart carried the tune

and jumped to unhearing women

 

Saw his love discarded

unheard and disregarded

much to his heart's dismay

 

He drops to the ground

frantically groping around

trying to save the day

 

He winces at the sound

of it breaking on the ground

his see-thru heart of clay

 

He knows what to do

reaches for the jar of glue

to mend it once again

 

He grips it tight

it sets thru the night

and it almost seems ok

 

He tries to use more care

a perfect heart it seems is rare

and his has seen some changes

 

He's kept it on his sleeve

not as safe as you'd believe

and sometimes it got broken

 

He's kept it locked away

his see-thru heart of clay

and it strained at the treatment

 

Wishing to be free

wanting the world to see

the colors that it reflected

 

He holds it up high

so the light catches the eye

revealing all his inner feelings

 

All the fears and the worries

all the love and the stories

everything that he has to give

 

You see I am the man of grey

that lives in the world today

and I hold a secret

 

I have something here

a treasure that I hold dear

wouldn't you like to see it

 

I'll reveal it to you this one time

so you can hear it's shining rhyme

this is what I have to show you

 

my secret heart

my imperfect heart

My see-thru heart of clay

 

No comments:

Post a Comment