Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Dragonfly With The Shining Eyes

 

The Dragonfly With The Shining Eyes

 

The sights of summer call out to me

I hear the chorus of cicadas, the trill of the frogs

as I walk through the lush green of late summer

and then...

She flies into view

A beautiful Dragonfly, silver and black

sleek and fast as she bursts from the gloom

she flies to just within reach

and she stops

humming there in front of my face

watching me with her laughing eyes 

full of mischief and light

I want to reach out my hand

but I hesitate...

what if I frighten her?

what if she flies away?

I would never see her again

and that is something I cannot risk

so I sit

still

and I wait

watching

content to be near

and waiting for the chance

to offer my hand

to the Dragonfly with the shining eyes

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment