Saturday, September 10, 2005

I went to the Clayton Art Fair tonite...

I drove to Clayton to see their Art Fair.  I love art, and I have been meaning to see this fair.  I don't like to do stuff like this alone, so I haven't been before.  I forced myself to go.  I was hoping to see a friend that was supposed to go, but no such luck.  ::shrugs::  There were LOTS of great artists, bands and I saw a dance troupe called MadCo that were excellent.  Angels with dirty feet.  Clayton is pretty upscale and I felt a bit out of place.  A lot of silicone on display, enough to keep Mattel supplied in raw materials for a year.  A lot of older couples standing around reliving their Fraternity and Sorority days.  Not my crowd.  If you ever see me standing in a small group of people with a wine glass in my hand trying to keep myself from falling by grasping a linen covered cocktail table...shoot me.  I did see lots of paintings and photographs that I wanted, but I have no room to put them up.  I still have a ton of art I have already purchased that I need to frame...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment