Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Lost In A Circle

Lost In A Circle

 

i was lost in a circle

couldn't see my way out

i ran to get to out of there

ended up just turning about

i was lost in a circle

could hear her angry shouts

worthless stupid and unloveable

always ready for another bout

i was lost in a circle

trying to talk my way free

explaining loving and comforting

wasn't something she liked to see

i was lost in a circle

wearing a rut into the floor

round and round the same issues

i just couldn't take it any more

i was lost in a circle

the only one trying to hold on

thinking she'd change her assaults

when she realized the need was gone

i was lost in a circle

wearily i trudged along

i'm not the divorcing kind

but the abuse was just plain wrong

i was lost in a circle

till i realized this one thing

I am worth loving

I am worth more than this ring

now I'm not lost in a circle

all I had to do was stop

stop taking all the insults

stop taking all the chops

the chops to my ego

the chops to my pride

the chops to my self

the chops out of my hide

I'm not lost in a circle

I still hold the institution dear

I just need to find a better woman

one to love and hold me near

I'm not lost in a circle

I'm just looking for the one

the one to hold my hand

the one to bear me a girl and a son

I'm not lost in a circle

I think marriage is just fine

I'm not lost in a circle

and I will have a family that is all mine...

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment