I closed at work today. I sent people home early once it became obvious that we weren't going to make the huge plan number I was given. As we were straightening up the store, we found a hundred dollar hardbound Bible and CD set that someone had stolen. I was the one that waited on her. Bibles are the number one stolen book in my company. We also have had a rash of hateful people trying to start fights because we wish people "Happy Holidays" over the intercom during our store announcements. Gotta love the Christian spirit. And for the record there is no "War on Christmas". But there is an organized agenda by the Religious Right to force everyone to bow to their wishes. Our American Taliban has Pat Robertson as it's leader., and the Rev. Phelps is one of the dog soldiers. ::climbs down off of my soapbox:: I took the little Poinsettia plant home with me tonight. I had put it on the break room table as a center piece for the Pizza Party that I bought as my Christmas present to all my associates. Leaving the store it was starting to drizzle. Funny weather for Dec 24th in Missouri. I ate dinner in Chili's and read my newest White Dwarf magazine. They have new figs coming out for the Dwarves, things like that make me smile (David<~~~nerd). Then I drove up to the Walgreen's at Gravois Bluffs and did some grocery shopping, Dierbergs had already closed because of the Holiday. The three cute little brunettes that were Walgreen's cashiers tonight all had on matching handmade Christmas tee shirts, they were in a good mood. I pushed the miniature shopping cart around the store as I picked up some food to eat on Christmas Day. I might go to a movie tomorrow, or watch an all day movie marathon on one of the cable channels. I loaded all the bags into my car and noticed that it's raining harder now. Driving home the radio tells me that it's going to drop to 30 degrees tonight. A "White Christmas" is a distinct probability. I arrive home and put away the groceries. As I load my cookie jar I justify eating the Double Stuffed Oreos that have chipped edges because they aren't "perfect". I'm a noble creature at heart... I peel off my work clothes and 'don me now my gay apparel' Fa La La, La La La, La, La, La... Sitting here in my Sloppy Joes tee and my Chinese Take-Out sleep pants I realize that I have an OK life. I want to take this time to wish all my friends and family a Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas! This is David Austin Smith, signing off...
And a Merry Christmas to you too Davo!!! Kinda sad that Bibles are the most stolen book. Spent last night with the clan in KC - and today with the inlaws. Have a good one bud!
ReplyDelete