Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'm always ready for another round ::dances on my tippy toes as I shadow box in the ring::

Me And My Foolish Heart

 

My foolish heart keeps a vigil

standing ready, always searching

does he know what's best for me

or is he selfish, blind and needy

He sends a thrill throughout my body

at the slightest glance or imagined smile

If I didn't need him, I'd set him down

It's too hard to struggle through his mistakes

paying the cost for his recklessness

I have seen the damage firsthand

what an unchained heart can do

but he still stands watch 

and he helps me

write it all down in my journal

sketch it all quickly with my pencil

take the pictures that I love to frame

empathize with my friends when they are hurting

and he does make me feel

like I am alive...

is the price worth it

in the end it's just me

me...

and my foolish heart

No comments:

Post a Comment