Monday, July 18, 2005

Driving to Waco

Driving To Waco

 

The sun blankets the scene

as I drive across the plain

I squint against the glare

as I fight against the strain

The sadness washes my vision

as I fight back the tears

I can't see the road

as I fight back my fears

I listen to the radio

as I remember all my trials

tightly I grasp the knob

as I flip thru the dials

I have come thru the storm

I have come thru the glare

I listen to the songs

I listen and I share,

I have lots of love to give

and lots of life to live

I have lots of time to share

and lots of time to care

so listen to my story

and listen to my fear

I have all my life to live

and happiness is quite near

thank you for your concern

and thank you for your time

I will be alright

and I will be just fine...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment