I closed tonight. I stopped at Uncle Bill's for some pork chops and hashbrowns. I finished the book I was reading. My boss suggested it to me. I was the only person in the restaurant that was eating by myself. There was a huge family gathering with about 12 people gathered at the three tables they had pushed together for them. A group of 7 High School students was dressed up, they were eating an early breakfast after the dance. An oriental couple sat at the front of the restaurant. She had on a billowy black dress, and wore black strappy high heels on her feet which were attached to very shapily legs. The people in the smoking section kept the entire place smelling of smoke. I am going to make a broad statement that is none the less true, "All smokers are litterbugs." My waitress was named Jen. She used to wait on me all the time when I ate there regularily late at night. She would ask me what I was reading and she once set her foot up on the seat I was sitting at so I could see the tattoo on her ankle. When I left the restaurant I put a quarter in the gumball machine, then put another one in too. I was hoping for a pink bubblegum ball. I got a blue one and then a green one. It's ok, they were filled with "Nerd" candy, lol, how appropiate. I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen's 'WE SHALL OVERCOME The Seegar Sessions." Folk, Traditional, and Bluegrass music, I love it, his voice is perfect for folk. I hauled some of the books I had recently purchased into the house:
THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak (this is a great book about a girl in Nazi Germany narrated by Death)
DOC HOLLIDAY THE LIFE AND LEGAND by Gary L. Roberts (if you liked the movie Tombstone you will love this book)
RAVENOR by Dan Abnett (Sci/fi...David<~~~~~getting his "Nerd" on)
E.E. CUMMINGS COMPLETE POEMS 1904-1962 (bought this one because the cover had a coffe stain on it and I didn't want to see it wasted)
from the song Mrs. McGrath...
"All foreign wars I do proclaim, Live on blood and a mother's pain, I'd rather have my son as he used to be, Than the King of America and his whole Navy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment