Tuesday, November 25, 2003

That empty sick feeling in your stomach...

 

 

David<~~~~~~~~~~~FOOL! 

 

 

I break the seal on the wrapper of cards, and open the box.  I take out the jokers and discard them, I won't be needing them.  I throw away the rules and thumb thru the deck.  I start building.  Balancing first two cards against each other.  Then adding on to it to form a first level.  Anxious, I start on the second level.  Is it too early to build my House of Cards so tall?  I press on, and almost finish the second floor when the phone rings.  I can hear what she tells me very clearly.  And the cards come tumbling down.  The hope of what I could build is now a random pile of suits, some face up, some face down.  All spread flat across the floor.  I shouldn't have thrown away the rules, and come to find out, the Joker is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment