Tuesday, November 18, 2003

At The Edge of the Woods

At The Edge of the Woods

 

I stand at the edge of the wood

peering into the evening light

I know you are in there

and I worry about you

 

I pace at the edge of the wood

staring into the evening gloom

I know you are in there

because I can hear you

 

I rush about at the edge of the wood

calling into the deepening gloom

I know you are in there

and I want to help you

 

I wait for you at the edge of the wood

listening for your voice from within

I know you are in there

because I was lost too

 

I prepare a place for you at the edge of the wood

waiting for you to find your way

I know you are in there

and I want to hold you

 

I shine a light for you at the edge of the wood

holding it high for you to see the way

I know you are in there

Because my heart tells me

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment