Thursday, November 30, 2006

Music can change your life

THE PRISONER

 

it's cold outside

the sleet rains down

making an insect sound

as it bounces off the branches

and the rain gutters

filling up the spaces

between the blades of grass

it's just so unfair

an ugly lie

that I can't return

I didn't deserve this

and it overwhelms me

filling me with rage

I leap upright

and rush at the window

violently yanking the cord

to raise the blinds

I thrust my face against the glass

knocking my cap off

and I scream at the world

my breath rushes out

like an explosion

and fogs the glass

and my features

are obscurred through the pane

I could be anyone

standing at the window

shaking and full of anger

glaring at the winter landscape

a prisoner of my actions

a victim of my own decisions

and I blink

and I'm seated again

the blinds are in place

and full of undisturbed dust

did I just do that?

did I just lose it?

no one will ever know

no one will ever understand

the only witness

is a cord

slowly swinging

for no reason at all

 

 

by DAS on a cold winter's day

 

 

David<~~~~~~some kind of fool

 

                 ::capers::

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a lot in my journal after my marriage failed, it helped me feel better...

    ReplyDelete