Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Today is just another day

I am off today.  So I goof off around the house till 3pm, and then jump in the shower to knock the mud off.  Hop into my car and head out to get a haircut.  Almost at my work the car starts to shimmy, shake and make a weird sound.  I think, "Oh geez I knew I should have had that belt looked at Damn I'm probably losing my engine It's all my fault I'm going to have to buy an new car damn Damn DAMN!"  I pull over to the shoulder.  Pop my hood.  Get out with traffic 3 feet away from me racing past at 60 miles an hour and then notice my flat tire.  I think, "YAY!  It's only a flat tire!  I know how to fix that!  I can buy a new tire, I'm almost at the Dobbs right now!  yay, Yay, YAY!"  An hour later and 70 bucks lighter I pop into my store to show a co-worker the Maasai necklace my parents brought back for me from their African Safari.  I buy a Graphic Novel and plan to read it while eating dinner (my first meal of the day at 5pm).  I eat at the Chili's in front of my store.  My waitress's name was Jose, how cool is that?  As I leave the restaurant I breath in the clean crisp January air and notice how clear the night is and wonder at the 'thumbnail' Moon hanging over my store.  It looks great.  I realize I have been holding back some.  I'm afraid to like it too much.  I was laid off from a job I held successfully for almost 15 yrs and was fired from a job I barely got started at (grumble mumble morons grumble), so I realize I am being cautious.  If I don't commit 100% I won't be as hurt if things don't go as I hope.  Nice plan, too late, I love my store.  Love my company, love the people I work with.  I have a good life, I am a lucky 'some of a beeeeetch'...

 

David without his new flat top but with a new appreciation...

 

(and it's 8:21pm on a beautiful Tuesday evening)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment