Tuesday, November 29, 2005

::checks my watch:: It's time to get a haircut!

I bought another belt so I have a brown one now (and black, it's reversible!)  David<~~~~Nerd.  My weight goal is 250, right before the holiday I weighed in at 260 (a new record for me), but I might have overeaten a teeny tiny bit at Geoff's Mom's house on Thanksgiving ::holds my fingers very close together and peeks between them::  ::shrugs::  It's a process and I am happy with the results so far, I can actually see me reaching my target weight.  Then I'll set myself a new goal...  ::wink:: LOL.  Before I never understood people who went on and on about their weight.  In my head I didn't think I could accomplish what they were doing, but now, I can see results and I have a taste of success.  ::BIG GRIN::  My store is doing pretty good.  I am not doing the volume I want but my people are doing a great job on selling Membership Cards (we are currently leading the Region in Membership Card percent (out of 125 stores).  Our lower volume makes the percentage higher when you divide it out (gotta love math!).  On GREEN FRIDAY we went in at 3am and opened the Cafe at 4am to sell to Best Buy's Early Bird line.  It was a huge success.  I ended up missing second place in volume by 971 bucks and if I hadn't been so stingy with payroll we could have done that easy.  I did open the store at 7am (we were supposed to open at 8, but I couldn't stand watching customers walk past my doors).  As soon as my Music Manager arrived I had him count down a drawer and we opened.  ::shrugs::  I had a visit yesterday by three of our Corporate Guys, one being a VP.  We did great.  I am very proud of my people, they are doing an excellent job.  This weekend there is a direct mail flyer going out to all the homes in the area around my store so that should drive business through my doors.  The above picture is of Mr. Grinch:  "Man's Best Friend", an Albino Argentinian Horned Frog!  I only have the one exotic frog at the moment.  I have been eyeing some Geckos...

 

David 8:26 on Tuesday Morning, in my sleep pants and wearing a tee shirt with a guy in a suit pointing to some words in an open book and the caption reads, "You're not only WRONG, the rules also say you're a DICK!"

No comments:

Post a Comment