I'd like to take a moment to let everyone know my personal vomit history. I rarely throw up. I don't drink alcohol and I'm rarely sick. When I am sick and I think I might have to throw up I can control the urge till I get to an appropriate place to throw up, like a bathroom toilet or in a pinch a sink. Never have I ever thrown up on myself or on anyone or anything that I later regretted. I'm a good vomiter...
It's not to bad at first. I kid myself that my stomach is just rumbling because it's hungry. Then I kid myself that my stomach is just rumbling because I'm still a little bit dizzy. As I turn into the Post Office I get one of those little lurches that let you know, barfing is in your immediate future. I know the names of both of my mail carriers at my apartment and have my favorite postal employees that wait on me in the Post Office. I KNOW ALL THEIR NAMES and opening the car door in their parking lot was never an option. It's OK, I can control this. v-minus-10 Lurch, a little vomit in my mouth. v-minus-9 I can handle this. v-minus-8 Lurch, more vomit in my mouth. v-minus-7 Seeking alternative solutions. v-minus-6 Spot Wendy's cup on the passenger floorboard. v-minus-5 SALVATION! v-minus-4 Dive for cup. v-minus-3 Rip off lid. v-minus-2 Check to see if anyone is watching my impending embarrassment, NO ONE - YAY! v-minus-1 Look down at cup to see that the lid is still on...WHAT? v-minus-0
ROCKET VOMIT
Here is a partial list of what was affected:
- My shirt
- My shorts
- My beard
- My glasses
- My hand
- The Wendy's cup
- The steering wheel
- The center console
- The gear shift
- The rear view mirror
- The windshield
- The air conditioning vent
- The radio
- The dashboard
- The passenger seat
- The passenger seat floorboard
- The passenger seat floorboard
- The passenger door
- The speaker face in the passenger door
- and a little bit on the ceiling
The good news? I only vomited once in my car. The other three time I managed to barf in the Wendy's cup. Side note: Holding a cup full of warm vomit is one of the Life Experiences that I could have happily lived without. So now I have liquid apple chucks sprayed all over the interior of my car. So I drive to Tif's 2nd job and confess my embarrassment. Then drive home and curl up on the couch all day long except when I sit up twice to eat the fried chicken and chili dogs Tif brings me to eat. She's a good girlfriend like that...
David<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~still a pretty good vomiter
No comments:
Post a Comment