
The name of the book is INTO THE STORM (A Study In Command) written with Gen. Fred Franks Jr. (Ret). Page 227, 6th paragraph down, second line and it reads: "On 6 December, Franks made a three-day return trip to Saudi Arabia with Corps staff Don Holder and 3rd AD chief Jerry Smith to personally greet the first arriving units from the 2nd ACR." I have it marked with a bookmark and it sits on my self with my other Military books. I once googled my Dad's name and I discovered he had been quoted in the NYT, here is the link to that article...
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/18/world/mideast-tensions-troops-in-germany-pack-up-kit-bags-and-tanks.html
Dad didn't remember talking to the reporter, I sent him the link about a year ago when I found it...
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/18/world/mideast-tensions-troops-in-germany-pack-up-kit-bags-and-tanks.html
Dad didn't remember talking to the reporter, I sent him the link about a year ago when I found it...
No comments:
Post a Comment