Monday, October 10, 2005

MY HEART FORGETS

MY HEART FORGETS

As light as a kiss brushing against my cheek
and when the edge of my eye begins to leak
My heart forgets

As soon as a ragged heart can heal
and soft as a fingertip can feel
My heart forgets

As the recent pain is lost
and I fail to remember the cost
My heart forgets

As easy as the curtains blow
and quick as a stream will flow
My heart forgets

As subtle as the songbird sings
and bright as the light it brings
My heart forgets

As I begin a brand new day
and try to find a brand new way
My heart forgets

As my ears rejoice at the laughter
and my heart yearns for what comes after
My heart forgets

As simple as it is for me to do this
and as foolish as it is for me to do this
My heart forgets

As I strive to love again with all my heart
and I need to try again right from the start
My heart forgets

As my heart wishes for what it needs
And my heart again plants the seeds
My heart forgets

So if you see it wandering there
Acting as if it didn't have a care
I really haven’t lost my wits

You see it’s just because
sometimes
My heart forgets

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment