Friday, December 2, 2011

I am an Atheist...

There is no God. Atheism is a non-issue for me personally. It's like stopping people in the street and telling them that unicorns don't exist. ::shrugs:: In High School I attended Church regularly and was very active in the Youth Programs. It just didn't seem real to me, I didn't become an Atheist as much as I quit pretending to be a Christian. Most Christians are harmless enough. On a daily basis I am exposed to their cheerful repetitions of what they have been told to say, and that is easy enough to put up with. The only time I get fired up and think about Atheism is when Christians try and impose their beliefs on other people. That is when I contemplate buying a shirt that reads "Atheist" or something similar in an effort to visualize the reality that 10% of Americans are not religious. I haven't so far, the negatives outweigh any positive benefits. Having said all that, the people I get along with the best are usually religious. I consider myself a Conservative-Liberal and we usually share the same morals and values. Go figure...

David<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ATHEIST!


1 comment:

  1. I eventually bought this as white printing on a black shirt...

    ReplyDelete