Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm going to tell a story on my little brother...

I love my brother Mark.  I don't say that enough but I do.  Today is a big day in my brother's life and I couldn't be prouder of him.  But first I want to tell a story on my little brother.  I'm not sure of the date but this conversation took place either at the end of Mark's college years or shortly there after.  Mom was driving the car, I was in the passenger seat and Mark was in the back seat.  Mark had scooted up and was sitting in the middle of the back seat so he could be in the conversation.  I have not idea what we were originally talking about, but the conversation went something like this:  ME talking to MARK, "blah blah blah I was named after Dad and you were named after Mom." MARK, "No I wasn't." ME, "What?  Dad is Jerry Austin Smith and I'm David Austin Smith, Mom is Martha Ann Smith and you're Mark Andrew Smith.  You are named after Mom." MARK, "No I wasn't." MOM, "Yes you were."  ME, "Bwhahahahahhahhahaahah."  Today is the day that my brother Mark is being promoted to Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army.  So not only is Mark named after Mom but he is now officially LTC Mark Andrew Smith.  I love you Mark, and I could not be prouder!


David<~~~~~~~~Mark's older brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment