Thursday, December 30, 2010

grinning like a fool, with my foot in the tank...


YOU CAN'T CATCH ME

by Mr. Chuck Berry
I bought a brand-new air-mobile
It custom-made, 'twas a Flight De Ville
With a pow'ful motor and some hideaway wings
Push in on the button and you will get a scene

CHORUS:
Now you can't catch me, baby you can't catch me

'Cause if you get too close, you know I'm gone like a cool breeze

New Jersey Turnpike in the wee wee hours
I was rollin' slow because of drizzlin' showers
Here come a flat-top, he was movin' up with me
Then come wavin' goodbye a little' old souped-up jitney
I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll
Moanin' siren, 'twas a state patrol
So I let out my wings and then I blew my horn
Bye bye New Jersey, I'd be come and gone

(chorus)

Flyin' with my baby last Saturday night
Not a gray cloud floatin' in sight
Big full moon shinin' up above
Cuddle up honey, be my love
Sweetest little thing I've ever seen
I'm gonna name you Maybellene
Flyin' on the beam, set on flight control
Radio tuned to rock 'n' roll
Two, three hours have passed us by
I'll be 2 dropped to 5:05
Fuel consumption way too fast
Let's get on home before we run out of gas

(chorus)


BIKE RIDING CHECKLIST:

  1. Install new Cruiser Saddle on Meramec Jack - check
  2. Install new dual kickstand on Meramec Jack - check
  3. Throw work out clothes in washing machine - check
  4. Can't wait & leave to go biking before work out clothes are done - check
  5. Load Meramec Jack onto bike rack of Deerslayer - check
  6. Load Public Image Limited into the 8-Track tape player - check
  7. Rock out to P.I.L on the drive to the Greenway - check
  8. Arrive at the Greenway and park Deerslayer - check
  9. Tune Pandora Radio on the cell phone to the Chuck Berry channel - check
  10. Install cell phone into bike speaker system of Meramec Jack - check
  11. Unload Meramec Jack and dance in a circle like a little kid - check
  12. Activate brand new Garmin to track bike ride - check
  13. Take a swig of Gatorade - check
  14. Tilt Shorty to a jaunty angle - check
  15. Begin bike ride - check
  16. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  17. Observe female Bluebird decide between two male Bluebird suitors - check
  18. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  19. Slide in the mud while taking a turn way too fast - check
  20. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  21. Startle a cute lady walking her dogs while I pass her on the trail - check
  22. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  23. Take a swig of Gatorade - check
  24. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  25. Appreciate the new mural artwork on the pumping station - check
  26. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  27. Grin like a fool as I pass people on the bike trail - check
  28. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  29. Finish off the last of the Gatorade - check
  30. ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - check
  31. Climb the last little hill at the end of my ride - check
  32. Load Meramec Jack back onto the bike rack on Deerslayer - check
  33. Post something witty on Facebook - check 
  34. Rock out to P.I.L on the drive to McDonalds - check
  35. Read the paper while eating a double cheeseburger at Micky Dees - check
  36. Be very very happy - check

David<~~~~~~~~~~~~Biking kind of a guy


"Shorty" (my porkpie hat)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment