Friday, September 10, 2010

BIKE UPDATE!

You get what you pay for. When you pay $150 for a Schwinn bicycle you don't get much. I love Schwinn design, they invented the Cruiser for crissakes! Just for you readers (HA! Read-ER, who am I kidding?) who haven't heard: DO NOT BUY A BICYCLE FROM SCHWINN! Here is what I have had go wrong with my bike so far:

SCHWINN'S FAILURES
  1. Paid a Schwinn Dealer almost $700 and was made to wait a month and a half to finally find out from Schwinn they were never going to give me the bike I ordered.  Schwinn's Motto "Where Customer Service is #5!
  2. Chain guard come loose while riding, that was interesting.
  3. Improperly assembled wheel at the Schwinn Factory caused a flat front tire which ruined my ride.
  4. Poorly designed saddle fails while I'm biking and has to be replaced. 

At this point I'm just waiting for the frame to snap in two or the high pitched squeal of the chain's failure to attract a pack of rabid dogs that rip off my legs and then devour them.  In case a Schwinn Customer Service Representative is reading this and doesn't quite understand, let me put it this way...SCHWINN SUCKS ASS!
My next bike (and sooner rather than later the way things are going) will be a Workman.  I'm going to give the boys at the Bicycle Factory some interesting challenges.  We'll see if they are up for it...

Imagine this...
PLUS this...
(I'm going to have them add a brushed metal panel filling up the upper portion of the bike frame)
I still have the LINDY fender ornament and the winged hubcaps after all ::shrugs::

I have a love/hate relationship with Schwinn (love the design of the 1955 Phantom Cruiser/hates Schwinn's horrid Customer Service)

IN SUMMARY

Nails on a blackboard
Exposed tooth nerve
Smell of burning hair
Schwinn customer service

No comments:

Post a Comment