Friday, June 25, 2010

I have pushed the Red Button!



(that's the one where you spend a
crazy amount of money on a bicycle)


IN MY DEFENSE, THIS IS THE
MODEL THAT I PURCHASED:


(Don't hate me because my bike is beautiful)

Tif and I went down to a local bike shop and I laid my money down. When my bike arrives I'll take down all the crazy accessories that I have so the bike shop guys can install them correctly. I already have my bike carrier, it hooks to the trailer hitch on DEERSLAYER (my silver Pontiac Vibe). Once my bike is all assembled, I'll take an actual picture and post it here. No one can tell me what the tank bell sounds like on my bike. The closest is a guy on the phone at the bike shop said that it's annoying and electronic sounding. I may end up buying a horn anyway. If I did it'd be one of these:


Suddenly there is a knock at the door.

Our Intrepid Hero turns and faces stage right.

Hero "Just a moment, I'm coming"

Dog runs in circles excited to have a visitor.

Our Hero crosses the room and unlocks the door.

Door opens to reveal a tattooed delivery man holding a package.

Dog "Hruff!"

Hero "Cool Beans!"

Hero steps outside and signs for package.

Delivery Man reads signature.

Delivery Man "David?"

Hero "Yep! ROCK ON, I was hoping these would come today!"

Hero steps back inside and carries the package back to the couch with trembling hands.

Dog races Our Hero across the room and jumps up on the sofa.

Our Intrepid Hero sits down & picks up his laptop and resumes blogging about his new bike...

blank

I love getting packages delivered to my house. If you're forgetful it's like a suprise Birthday Gift!

blank

Shall we see what's in the box?
Numbered List

  1. Schwinn Valve Caps
  2. Chubby's Cruisers Bicycle Cup Holder - Black
  3. Empty Bicycle Bell
  4. MP3 Bicycle Handlebar Speakers
  5. LED Handlebar Endcap Plugs
  6. Orbit Wheel Light Set

(if you are interested in seeing
what these look like I invite you to
visit the site where I purchased them)
blank
blank
blank
The only things I have been dissapointed with are the bicycle flag and pole & the lockable bike rack box. I didn't notice some rust and missing chrome on the flag pole in the ebay picture. The lockable bike box arrived as grey/black instead of black and there was a scuff in the plastic top during shipping. ELVIS said 'TCB" = David sez "NBD" Get it? Get it? If I have to explain the joke then I have failed. Shuffles off stage left...
blank
In closing I think QUEEN said it best:

I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like




No comments:

Post a Comment