Wednesday, March 31, 2010

no worries no apologies new socks new thoughts




Hello Faithful Reader,


(That's singular on purpose, as I suspect I'm the only person that ever reads these posts.)


Buck Rogers had a sidekick named Twiki who famously said, "bidi-bidi-bidi". Twiki sounds like Wiki. Wikipedia famously said, "John Rackham is most remembered for two things: (1) the design of his Jolly Roger flag, which contributed to the popularization of the design and its association with piracy in popular culture; and (2) employing two of the most notorious female pirates of the age as part of his crew – Mary Read and Anne Bonny (the latter of whom he had whisked away from her husband). Foreshadowing... ::taps the tip of my nose:: I purchased two pair of socks off of the Internet. Why you might ask? I dunno. I bought a pair of black nerd socks with skull and crossbones on them from Target or some place recently. I really like my new nerd socks, I have worn them every week since I purchased them. Have I ever mentioned that I'm a nerd? I might have, anywho... I watch The Big Bang Theory on Monday nights. I have to, it's in the Nerd Charter. Appendix IX subsection iii, it's right here in the heading. So is Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Appendix IX subsection iii, paragraph two. Sheldon is my hero. Sheldon wore Super Hero Socks on Season 2, Episode 6 (The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem) of The Big Bang Theory. Super Hero Socks are also nerd socks. Nerds know how to use computers, so THIS nerd found Sheldon's Super Hero Socks on-line. At the website that sells them they have a TON of socks, stockings, n such. Mostly for girls but they do have some guy stuff. I'm a guy. Guy nerd socks? Hmmmmm. So I lied when I said I didn't know why I purchased the socks. I am a Founding Member and one of 3 people on the drafting commission of the Nerd Charter. I was in charge of Cheetos and Mountain Dew at our first Christmas Party. So of course I watch The Big Bang Theory and Dr. Sheldon Cooper wearing his Super Hero Socks. Once you add in the inevitable laptop it was a foregone conclusion. OK, that's not the whole truth either. I like my new skull and crossbones socks. I know where there are more cool socks (OK in this ONE reference, Cool = Nerd). Let's consult the mathematical diagram on our handy-dandy chalkboard. 1 pair of nerd socks = good feeling. 2 pair of nerd socks = very good feeling. Super Hero Socks don't cost all that much, neither does shipping. The mail arrives every single day except for Sunday. I like getting mail. I like feeling good. So it's kinda like I'm mailing myself some future happiness for the bargain price of two pairs of socks plus shipping. I just happen to have a time machine. A time machine that walks around in the guise of a disgruntled Federal Employee. The disgruntled Federal Employee who stuffs all my mail down to the bottom of my mailbox with his fist. Socks bend, so it's OK. Nerds like time machines also...see? no worries, no apologies, new socks, new thoughts... I like bacon.









Who designed the pirate flag featured on these socks?

(hint: Calico Jack)


(Please put your answer

in the form of a comment

at the bottom of this post)



For 10 pts of EXTRA CREDIT: Who is wearing the socks in the following picture?









Beep! Beep!


No comments:

Post a Comment