Thursday, September 17, 2009

insomnia

all night long

i lie awake

remembering all

the mistakes i make



my thoughts are mine

and mine alone

i see the outlines

cast by my phone



i wait for the time

to get out of bed

to stop the thoughts

trapped in my head



round and round

i beat the horse

it's nobody's fault

but mine of course



another hour

has come and gone

an hour closer

to the coming dawn



time to get up

and start the day

one hour closer

till i enter the fray



the nightly battle

with me myself

i can't set my troubles

away on a shelf



i obsess and fuss

i bother with them all

no rest for the wicked

till time for the call



the alarm i've set

on my cell phone

i lie awake

and pick at the bone



worrying about

the things i've done

and worrying about

my tasks undone



i'd love to sleep

and lie in bed

but the thoughts won't quit

running round my head



i have to let go

i have to forgive

myself for mistakes

and try to live



the life i have left

and the people i love

and fall asleep

like hand in glove



i doze a bit

my eyes droop shut

i'm almost asleep

except for the but



but for this here

or an imagined mistake

but for that thought there

no more can i take


i want to sleep

to just drift away

but that's not my fate

not along this way


so all night long

i lie awake

remembering all

the mistakes i make...

David<~~~~~~wakes up EVERY morning at 3:30am!

No comments:

Post a Comment