Saturday, June 13, 2009

Did I ever mention that my Dad was mentioned in a Tom Clancy book?


The name of the book is INTO THE STORM (A Study In Command) written with Gen. Fred Franks Jr. (Ret). Page 227, 6th paragraph down, second line and it reads: "On 6 December, Franks made a three-day return trip to Saudi Arabia with Corps staff Don Holder and 3rd AD chief Jerry Smith to personally greet the first arriving units from the 2nd ACR." I have it marked with a bookmark and it sits on my self with my other Military books. I once googled my Dad's name and I discovered he had been quoted in the NYT, here is the link to that article...

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/18/world/mideast-tensions-troops-in-germany-pack-up-kit-bags-and-tanks.html


Dad didn't remember talking to the reporter, I sent him the link about a year ago when I found it...

No comments:

Post a Comment