Monday, May 4, 2009

Let me tell you about my Dad


When my brother and I were kids one of the places we lived was in Kansas. One summer Dad, Mark and I traveled to Sedalia MO. to go to the Missouri State Fair with my Uncle Mitchell. We spent the day wandering around looking at exhibits, eating Fair Food and having fun. At one point we wandered into a large crowd listening to a pitchman for Ginsu Knives. Dad, Uncle Mitchell, Mark and I are standing there hooting and cutting up listening to this guy sell knives. It was a family joke, David: "What would you pay for all this?" Mark: "Don't answer" David: "We'll throw in this free juicer, now how much would you pay? Mark: "Don't answer..." Really funny to see this in person rather than just on the TV. So we goof on the guy for about 10 minutes then wander off. Uncle Mitchell, Mark and I are looking at really big pigs and prize jars of pickles when we realize that we can't find Dad. We start a grid search and retrace all of our steps since we left the crowd watching the Pitchman. We look here, we look there, no sign of Dad. Finally the crowd around the Pitchman starts breaking up and there is Dad at the front of the crowd. We are like, "Dad where were you?" He holds up his new purchase...you guessed it. The Smith family is now the proud owner of a Ginsu Knife. Mark and I about fell down. The funny thing is that it was a really good knife and we had it in our kitchen drawer for years and years...
How much would you pay? Don't answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment