Friday, April 24, 2009

early tomorrow morning I head back to STL...


I miss Tif. I leave early tomorrow morning and Snooky and I travel back to our home in St. Louis. I tell you one thing I won't miss: Texas Tailgaters! There are bad drivers in STL, really bad drivers in DC, and I always know what to expect from anyone with NY license plates, BUT. Texas has an unique type of bad driver I call the Texas Tailgaters. This particular idiot roars up on your bumper (I'm talking about 4 feet from your trunk), and sits there at 60-70 mph, waiting for their chance to pass you. In TX there is a tradition of slowing down and partially driving on the paved shoulder to allow faster cars to pass you on country roads. This polite practice has led to abuses by half brain dead drivers that expect you to do that and they communicate their wishes by rubbing bumpers with you. It is very scary to have a vehicle fill your rear view mirror. These very same people then roar around you usually when there is barely enough room to pass and merge back into traffic. Texas Tailgaters, I hope you get a ticket and your insurance rates go through the roof...

David<~~~~~~~driving back to Missouri Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment