Sunday, July 8, 2007

This here's the story 'bout a man named...

Yesterday was a good day.  I have been off work for the past four days and it's been a nice break for me.  Yesterday I woke up early because I wanted to see the lights on my new Vivarium change over from the night time system to the day time system.  I acquired two flying geckos (a male AND a female) I haven't named them yet, I'm thinking about Mr. and Mrs Walenda.  Anyway that's how my day started with the successful transition of my lighting system.  I spent the rest of the morning opening boxes from my move and putting books into piles...Fiction, Bio, Wild West, Supernatural, Graphic Novels, UK, WWII, History, Herps, etc...made a huge mess on my living room floor.  Tiffany picked me up and we went to Johnnie Brocks to look at Harry Potter costumes for my upcoming HP7 Party at work.  Then we drove downtown for the rest of the day.  We planned to park at the Jefferson Memorial Parking Garage as a base for our day's events.  As we pulled up to the automatic ticket dispensing machine at the entrance to the parking garage a Japanese tourist jumped in front of Tiffany and stole our parking ticket.  The gate went up to let us into the Garage but without a ticket we would be charged for the whole day ($10 instead of $6).  Tiff couldn't back up to reset the pressure switch in the floor because of the line of cars behind us.  I was very mad at the Japanese tourist.  So we walked to the Parking Garage exit to explain things to the attendants.  The supervisor gave us a handwritten ticket so that cleared things up.  We left our cooler and padded chairs in the car and hoped the Metro down to Union Station for Dinner.  Union Station is going downhill just like most of the Malls in St. Louis.  There are too many of them and the vacancy rates are 60% and they have a lot of Mom & Pop shops.  We ate at Landry's Seafood and walked the mall.  Tiff bought an eye glass repair kit (she lost her screw), and I bought a mechanical butterfly (I didn't lose my screw).  We rode the Metro back down to the Arch and stood in line to use the restrooms underneath the Arch in the Museum.  I popped into the 'Mercantile Store' to pick up a Phrenology Bust that I had seen but I didn't buy it (after looking at the price I remembered why I didn't buy it during my last visit).  We walked over to the site of the evening's concert to see how many people were already waiting and it was starting to fill up, there was no notices posted about coolers so we walked back to the Parking Garage to get it and our padded seats.  As we arrived back at the concert site they had erected signs stating the rules of the "Celebrate St. Louis" concert series.  Rule #1:  No Coolers.  So Tiff headed down the steps to snag a good seat for us and I hauled the forbidden cooler back to the Parking Garage.  When I got back Tiff had grabbed us some great seats eye level with the stage just a hair off of center (missing the green tent erected to shade the Sound Mixing equipment).  The opening act of the concert was R. Scott Brian (he used to play with Sheryl Crow).  He was pretty good.  I walked around and looked at the concessions area at the concert and every time I passed Tiff I tried to get her attention to wave at her but fate intervened each time.  Emmylou Harris started her concert at 8PM and she was great.  She sang some of her stuff, some of George Strait's stuff, some of the stuff from her 'All The Roadrunning' duets with Mark Knoffler, some of the 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' stuff, some of Neil Young's stuff, and some Paul Simon's stuff.  It was a great time.  After she finished they had fireworks on the river in front of the Arch.  When we got back to the Parking Garage we discovered that they were letting people just leave without paying so earlier I worried about 4 bucks and I ended up paying nothing at all to park.  We left and headed back to the Apt Complex.  We stopped at Lion's Choice because I had a craving for BBQ (and I'm not even pregnant).  It was a good day.  Tiffany is a great girlfriend...

 

 

                                                           David<~~~~~~~~LUCKY GUY!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment