Monday, February 5, 2007

I couldn't wait any longer

::sigh::

I close my eyes and let her voice wash over me, roll my head like I'm in water, so smooth, and so comforting.  A sad thought, a soft word. I ride the wave that is her voice, the rhythm propels me along towards the horizon and she makes me happy... 

 

For those of you that know and love her, and for those of you that have never met her, I'd like to introduce...

 

Ms Nina Simone

 

"Like a flower waiting to bloom, like a light bulb in a dark room, I'm here waiting for you to come on home and turn me on.  Whoo.  Turn me on.  Whoo.  Turn me on.  Whoo.  Whoo.  The high-fi is waiting for the new tune, and my glass is waiting for some fresh ice cubes.  I'm just sitting here waiting for you to come home and turn me on.  Whoo.  Turn me on.  Whoo.  Turn me on.  Whoo.  Turn me on.  Turn me on.  Turn me on."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Today at work, I popped off the "A", "S", and "D" keys on the keyboard, rearranged them, and popped them back into place.  My Office PC keyboard now reads..."DAS")

 

DAVID<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ornery (but I'm smiling)

 

                                      (and that's gotta count for something)

No comments:

Post a Comment