Thursday, February 1, 2007

::dancing with Nina::

Is is possible to fall in love with a woman you never met?  Never laid eyes on?  Even if she died in 2003?  Nina Simone really speaks to me.  Tonight I looked her up, she's black, and I have never seen a more beautiful woman.  I'm just now coming to appreciate what she accomplished during her life.  I am happily listening to Ms Simone at this very moment...

"I walked the lonely streets, I watch the people passing by, I used to smile and say hello, guess I was just a happy girl, and you happened, this feeling that possesses me, I just can't believe myself, I guess it all just had to be, I used to have a brain, I used to think of many things, I used to watch the falling rain, and listen to the sweet birds sing, and you happened, this feeling that posseses me, I just can't believe myself, I guess it all just had to be, every single word you hear now, it's coming right from my heart, this heart of mine, I've never felt like this before, a love like yours, so young and fine, now as I try to forget you, it doesn't work out anyway, cause I lost you such a long time ago, but in my eyes you'll always stay, and you happened, this feeling that possesses me, I just can't believe myself, I guess it all just had to be..."  NINA SIMONE

 

 

                          David<~~~~~~~~~dancing with Nina

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment